Soccer resentment

Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I don't really have time for this blog, but whatever. No one cares about the mundane struggles of my everyday life. I don't even care, myself. Well, I am a bit annoyed that my math grade dropped a bit, but what are you gonna do? Conics ruined my life once again, and there's nothing I can do about it.

So here is something random about me that I don't really talk about much. I used to (?) play soccer (I'm not playing this season but I might play again next season) and while I'm not very good, I have really liked playing house just for fun ever since I started in fifth grade. Freshman year, though, I decided I would try out for the school's team. Bad. Idea. I'm not cut out for school sports for many reasons, one of which is not being athletically dedicated enough to get my parents to pick me up every day after school and drive in that horrible traffic to get home at seven. Also, I quickly discovered the type of people who play sports at my school like soccer, and while they are VERY NICE PEOPLE, they are definitely not my friends and I didn't really feel that comfortable around them. Throw in the fact that I hadn't played since the previous August (tryouts were in February) and various other little factors, I was one of the very small number of people rejected from the team. The whole experience was miserable for me, but I was never sure if I was actually upset I did not make the team. To this day, I harbor a weird form of resentment towards my school's girl's soccer team. I don't know why, because I truly hated tryouts so much and I probably would not have even enjoyed being a part of that team had I made it. But for whatever reason, whenever I come across girls who play for the team, I have this strange resentment for them in the back of my head, and it literally caused me just a little while ago to go look up the roster for this year's team. I'm not athletic in the least, but deep down I always wished I was, and I've always had this kind of jealous respect for people who are. It's just one of those things, along with music, that I do and enjoy doing, but I just don't have the dedication and talent to go beyond the standard level.

That was random. Enough of my moping. Go read something of substance for a change. On the topic of reading, I'll post my review of Will Grayson, Will Grayson as soon as I finish it, which will be soon. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed and I can't say it is my favorite John Green book, but more of that later on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment