2009...

Thursday, December 31, 2009
- I started blogging :)
- I started using twitter
- I discovered Pandora
- I got my driver's license
- I got lost driving to my own school
- I hit a car in a parking lot
- I drove in snow
- I failed numerous chemistry tests
- I failed both my chem midterm and final
- I passed chemistry
- I passed chemistry
- Did I mention I passed chemistry?
- I survived sophomore year, which may have been the worst year of my life
- I passed every single physics test
- I hated a subject more than biology
- I had a tutor and actually went to my teacher for extra help for the first time in my life
- I almost didn't get an A in driver's ed
- I skipped homecoming to have a movie night with friends
- I ate pizza in a Home Depot parking lot
- I tried climbing a tree at 4 AM
- I made a legitimately participated in homecoming week, and loved it :)
- I sprained my ankle
- I played soccer from midnight to 6 AM
- I went to my first ever Harry Potter conference :)
- I walked the streets of Boston after midnight
- I made 13+ friends in the time span of about three days
- I got to meet Melissa Anelli, John Green, and numerous other amazing people
- I met the most incredible people... in an elevator
- I had Andrew Slack in my house
- I went to the HBP NYC premiere
- I was disappointed by a Harry Potter movie for the first time
- I attended six wizard rock shows
- I attended two live PotterCasts
- I allowed someone I met online to stay at my house and sleep in my room
- I used video chat
- I had a sleepover over video chat
- I was in the homes of two CoWs
- I had a CoW in my house (before we knew what a CoW was!)
- I left nerdfighter notes
- I was first cello
- I bought converse
- I visited colleges
- I enjoyed Viennese Ball
- I was forced against my will to see the Hannah Montana movie
- I hated the Hannah Montana movie
- I had my first Chipotle burrito
- I saw my first R rated movie in theaters without an adult
- I got a credit card
- I got my first (hand me down) laptop
- I got my first new laptop
- I got sick the first week of summer
- I traveled to NYC by myself
- I had an epiphany and solidified my "religious" views
- I found new obsessions
- I told someone something I have never told anyone else before
- I pretended to be happy when I was not
- I had a fight with a friend
- I began writing again
- I rediscovered purple, cookies, and Defying Gravity
- I made more friends than I lost

I don't think I will ever forget 2009. I'm not going to lie and say it was the most incredible year of my life. However, it was by far the most life changing. I learned so much this year. I didn't learn much chemistry, but I definitely learned how to ask for help when I need it. I learned how to enjoy life and not stress over every single test and assignment that came my way. This year involved me moving on from people who I once leaned on, which was painful at the time, but I would soon make up for them in the span of a weekend in May. This was the year when I became stronger with my morals and values, and I stood up for my beliefs even when I was alone in supporting them.
I have so many plans and hopes for 2010. I know second semester junior year is supposed to be terrible, but I think I'm ready for it. So far I've actually enjoyed junior year and I'll try to use the little Hufflepuff in me to look at it more positively: well, at least it's half over! It will be the little things that I learned to enjoy last year that will get me through the rest of junior year: not doing homework during lunch and instead enjoying it with friends, weekend CoW tokbox sleepovers, always keeping my iPod charged and up to date to save me from my bus ride, painting my nails fun colors to brighten up a potentially dull and depressing day, and instead of pretending to be happy, finding ways to actually be happy. I just want to run through this year, get past AP exams and finals, and enjoy the rest of the year. I want to look back and not get a sick feeling in my gut this time next year.
Okay I need to stop reminiscing and start this year off without doing work at 11 on Sunday night. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Happy 2010.

KaraDawlish said...

"I was forced against my will to see the Hannah Montana movie"
Awww<3
these end of the Year Blogs are killing me!!!

"not doing homework during lunch and instead enjoying it with friends, weekend CoW tokbox sleepovers, always keeping my iPod charged and up to date to save me from my bus ride, painting my nails fun colors to brighten up a potentially dull and depressing day, and instead of pretending to be happy, finding ways to actually be happy."
:)

Post a Comment