Ditto!

Sunday, December 13, 2009
Wow, this has been a pretty slow blogging week. I blame my website blocker. I need to find a better one, because I am way too addicted to facebook and twitter to restrain myself from constantly checking and rechecking them every eight minutes. Since I added this one myself, I unfortunately know the settings and can change them at will. I have a problem.

This year has been going exactly how I hoped. It is just a blur of homework, studying, tests, and passing classes. Junior year is stressful, but I am striving for a more numbing and less painful experience. The more I throw myself into my work and watch the days pass by in this blur, the less I agonize over every specific test or quiz that comes my way. There are just too many to keep track of, and it's better this way. The faster the year is over, the better. Then it's senior year, which is stressful until you're accepted into college, and then it's partying until you leave for college.

I want to go to college now :(

I always have so much to say in these blogs and then I sit down to write them and forget everything. Sigh.

This week is Hanukkah! You're going to think I am trying too hard to be the ideal child, but honestly, I could kinda care less about material gifts. So far, I've received a laptop sleeve, which I need, editing software, which I have been wanting for years now, and the Grimmerie, which is a thing from Wicked, and is really an awesome behind the scenes look at the musical. Honestly, there is little else I really want. An iTunes gift card would be nice, but that's it. Maybe some money for college. I don't need eight gifts. Give it to starving children in Africa, they can probably use it more than me.

Kara was talking about the song she is using for her end of the year video, which led me to start thinking about my video. I am really excited to start using this software, so be excited for a ridiculously insane video this year! But she made me start wondering what song to use. Last year, I used "Our Lives" by The Calling, which didn't really represent the year in a sense that I loved that song in 2008, rather the lyrics described "These are the days worth living/These are the years worth giving/And these are the moments/These are the times/Let's make the best out of our lives," which could really go with any end of the year video. This year, though, I want to find a song that reminds me of 2009. It's difficult, though, because different ones are different times of the year. If I was just using footage from my school friends, it would probably be "It's All Coming Back To Me" by Celine Dion. Relay memories... But if it included LeakyCon friends, it would have to be "Total Eclipse of the Heart" which obviously is the song the represents LeakyCon. And at the same time, my most played song of the year was "Hero" by Mariah Carey, but I don't think that would really mean anything to anyone other than me (and probably Katie :) ). Oh well, I have time to figure it out. I have already booked the first day of winter break to ALL DAY capturing footage. I have soooo many tapes, and they all need to be on my computer. I still haven't found the ice skating footage from January, though. I fail.

POKEMON IS TAKING OVER FACEBOOK. It makes me happy :) Ditto was always my favorite Pokemon when I was younger, which is why I chose it for my profile picture. I always thought it was the cutest Pokemon for whatever reason. I remember my first Ditto card, which came from a pack my brother received for his birthday. Being the loving brother he is, he gave it to me, knowing it was my favorite and I did not have the card. Pokemon memories...

I'm done for now. One and a half more weeks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

MARIAH CAREY <3
POKEMONZ <3
WINONU <3

Yayyyy :D

KaraDawlish said...

man winona... that's sad. high school should be the best years you should be having FUN while you're a kid and you're willing it to go by in a blur?! I'm a freshman and I'm scared for the end. slow it down a little.

hahahhaha the whole blocker thing at will lol we all have a problem :D

that's what i did last year i went for the lyrics. this year im going for something representative of the actual YEAR.

i used the song i picked because it's fast paced and that's my life it needs to keep up with the fun and exciting clips like total eclipse of the heart, that wouldn't work for me...

Post a Comment