- laundry
- finish packing
- unplug everything
- figure out food for my 6 hour train ride
- hang up two posters that fell down
Hours I have to do all of this: 16
There is NOTHING like having a short to-do list with easy tasks and more than enough time to complete them.
I've been running around since 8 this morning, because my Japanese written final was at 9, which I finished at 11:30, and then I studied some more/procrastinated before my interview at 1:30. All of this was fine, and then I got lunch at 2, and I've been cleaning my room and packing ever since. I love being home, but packing is always so stressful. It's so weird having two homes now, because I forget what necessities are where. Do I have sweaters at home? Do I have socks at home? When you travel in general, you just pack what you need, but traveling between two places when half of your possessions are split between the two is such a weird experience. I need a bigger suitcase, because I'm always trying to awkwardly juggle three bulky bags as I travel alone. Traveling alone is pretty stressful as well. I take a cab to and from the train station, which isn't bad in itself, but it's always a bit daunting to think that I need to get myself from my dorm room at college to Union Station in DC all by myself. I know I'm legally an adult and everything, and I've done it a few times successfully now, it's still a weird concept.
I'm waiting for the day when I have that fairy tale train ride when some cute guy sits next to me and the train breaks down and we end up having an adventure only to become friends on facebook and never speak again. Well, that last bit doesn't happen in the movies, but that's how my story would end, I'm sure. Normally, I'm next to the nice old ladies who like to ask me about school and stuff. I always feel bad, though, because I'm not really in the mood to talk on the train most of the time, so I answer their questions but don't really carry along the conversation.
Anyhow, I'm going to continue checking things off the above list as I battle with Conn wireless for the last time in a month and maybe try to marathon a drama. Let's see how this go.
0 comments:
Post a Comment