Oy vey. So often that is the first thought that pops into my mind when I open up a new post. Here we go:
I didn't complete a single post this week. This does not make me happy. I was in a weird mood in which I had a lot of crap on my mind and I wasn't sure what should go on the internet. However, right now everything in general is much better. The Japanese students this year are as sweet and wonderful as always. There are a couple of them who, every single day, come up to me with these enormous smiles and say hi. On Friday night we went bowling, which was fun, and Saturday night was a barbecue, which was even better :) The boys were playing games that involved... hurting each other? One I couldn't follow, but was apparently similar to a Korean game some of the American kids were playing that involved doing some sort of hand motion and if you accidentally did the same as the other person, you got your hand slapped. Once a couple of the boys decided their hands were too red and raw to continue playing, they played a version of rock paper scissors in which they knelt on the floor with a pillow and a rolled up newspaper on the ground between them. The winner of each round would grab the newspaper and try to hit the loser on the head before he could protect himself with the pillow. They were so intense about the whole thing and it was hilarious! We introduced the kids to s'mores, played an endless amount of "isenode" (I have no idea how to spell it, but it's some Japanese game involving thumbs and, oddly, no physical contact), and generally had a great time.
So Numb3rs unofficially ended the other night. They cut this season short, and right now it's not looking too great that they will have a season seven. I'm upset that it's over, but personally I think the writers were asking for it. This season has really sucked. My brother and I compare it to the Half-Blood Prince movie- definitely funnier than other seasons, but lacking substance. The final episode of the season and potentially the final episode of the series: Don loses his gun. Oh no! Whatever shall they do? Oh the horror! Sigh. It was lame.
I was having a horrible time concentrating tonight on my work. My mind is everywhere on Earth except for America and Europe during World War I. My new favorite book at the moment is "Fiske Guide to Colleges," which my parents bought after my junior interview with my counselor. Speaking of which, I had that on Friday and I thought it went really well. At my school our counselors (well, I think they all do. Mine does at least) do junior interviews with all juniors and their parents to make sure they are on track with the whole college process. Apparently my only problem is that I don't have any real safety schools, but other than that I just need to keep up my grades and do this SAT nonsense and I'm pretty much set. A lot of the schools in which I am interested are uncommon with students at my school, which is somewhat of a plus for me. When Ivies see kids from my school, they line them up and take only the top couple since there are so many applying. However, my counselor told me that some of the smaller liberal arts schools love getting kids from my school, which is usually just a few applicants a year at the most, so I have an advantage there. The book is giving me a lot of really neat info, including the top programs at each school but also random little facts, like the general political leanings of the students (which swayed me away from one school in particular) and similar schools.
And there are some crazy schools in here, too: Deep Springs College in California is a cattle ranch with 26 guys. I don't... get it.
Okay. It's late and I need to get to sleep. I have a few half-finished posts that I will finish throughout the week, because there were some moments of this week that I feel need to be recorded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
"a Korean game some of the American kids were playing that involved doing some sort of hand motion and if you accidentally did the same as the other person, you got your hand slapped."
Lol I love that game!!!! We used to play that in lunch all the time last year!
winona. you're freeking me the fuck out big time. i swear to god. i was reading this book yesterday and it was kind of getting old how the main character was YOU. it's a series and im on the third book so i'd been realizing but like it didn't matter until it was like psychotic how similar you are. i decided i would tell you after your next blog post. Read the book. it's really really weird reading about you that's not you. she is you though. swear to god. but the fact that you just brought up "deep springs college" which is part of the book, just.... wow. okay. don't do that. you're wigging me out. you are. the same. person.
Post a Comment