This is a poem written by Matt Craddock. It is pure genius and I felt it needed to be published for all the world to see. Enjoy.
I went alone to a faraway place
It felt like I was out in space
Things I never thought could fly
Floating around up in the sky
Watch them scurry, watch them go,
In a hurry? I don’t know
As they floated through the air
I thought it fine to stop and stare
I’d never seen such a thing before
Such things floating in great galore
Then I looked down, upon the ground
And saw a clown, a clown I’d found.
I watched him dance, I watched him prance
He had big pants, were they full of ants?
He danced his way around my side
And I have to say I almost cried
That such a joy had come to pass
I looked for help, and then, alas!
Mr. Clown was not alone
Behind him was a clowny clone
And behind the clone there was another
A similar clown, perhaps a brother
As the clowns came ‘round me it was astounding
I watched them dance as my heart kept pounding
And then I turned, looked to my left,
And saw that only one clown was left
The rest had spun and twirled ‘round me
But this one was looking kind of scary
Its eyes were lights, its body strong,
I feared its size, it was like King Kong.
He hit me with a crushing blow
I was off my feet next thing I know,
I’m on a bed, in a hospital room
Everyone’s faces are filled with gloom
I ask them what has happened to me
They start to tell me the story
At first, I was a little confused
I find my body is so abused
because the clowns weren’t clowns
and all the smiles were frowns
I’d been walking in the road,
Cars had swerved, the skid marks showed
My stunt, it had caused quite a scene
Until one driver was pretty mean
He didn’t swerve around my side
He came and then we did collide
And that is why here I lie,
Kind of missing those things in the sky,
but as I think back to yesterday,
I wonder, what did that strange man say?
He gave me pills that looked so good,
“I asked, should I try them?” He said I should.
So I took the pills and gave them a try
And saw all those things floating in the sky
And now I give you this, my friend
Unless you want to meet your end,
Steer clear and avoid all of the danger
And don’t take any candy from strangers.
2 comments:
LOOOOOVEEEEEE IT
XD
Katie: CLARENCEEEEEEEE
Post a Comment