It's been a pretty slow blogging week, mainly because I've had a pretty slow and dull week. Yesterday and today we had to take our English state standardized tests, which we were so horribly numbing I may have actually gotten one or two wrong from lack of any brain usage whatsoever. On that note, I noticed in that last sentence I wrote "[...], which [...]." This question was on the test twice- where to put the comma there. I said there should be one because I would have done so. However, I use WAY too many commas than necessary and I am wondering if I got it wrong. Oh dear, only a 590. The multiple choice was yesterday and today we did the essay portion, which I found to be much more enjoyable. I did it again. I think that is correct. Moving on, the topic was really basic (I'm paranoid and I don't want to get into big trouble for posting the topic for this year's English 11 state exam essay topic online) and I basically sat down and pounded out the stupid thing for thirty minutes. I finished pretty quickly and was rather satisfied with it, even though I spelled "succumbed" incorrectly. However, I don't think it could possibly top Katie's, which was about Pokemon and it rhymed. I still don't know how she wrote an essay that rhymed, but whatever. She should try to reproduce it on her blog. Cough. She should also send me the poems by a certain Matt Craddock. Cough.
In other news, the Japanese exchange students are coming on Saturday! They arrived in NYC today and will be spending a few days there before coming here. We decorated the display case next to the library during eighth period today, and I must admit, while we didn't finish, it looks pretty amazing. We ran out of red paper, so we covered the back with white paper and cut out a red circle so it was the Japanese flag. We hung up a few scrolls, an awesome sign made by a JNHS member, and other Japanese-ness. I'll take a picture when it is done and post it here.
But in general, I'm so excited for them to come! I will probably not be sleeping for the next few weeks, but that's okay. I can't even begin to explain how packed my weekends are, what with activities with the students, SAT class, Cliffhanger filming, orchestra, not to mention homework. Which is what I should be doing now. I'm actually avoiding my Japanese homework at the moment, which is to (I did it again! Okay, now I'm positive I answered those questions correctly) write a script for a job interview. It's really boring and I don't feel like doing it.
What other shenanigans should I write about (it should be "about what other shenanigans should I write," but that sounds weird)? I really need to tape a video camera to my head in order to fully capture the insanity of my daily life. Whenever I pull out a camera, everyone goes quiet and awkward, and I end up dealing with footage of people waving to the camera and doing nothing else. There are just conversations that are truly hilarious that I wish I could somehow capture. For example, the COOL PEOPLE in the COOL HUM ROTATION had a bagel and nutella party the other day in the back of the room during double APUSH (I did not partake because I am cooler than them. Obviously. And I also don't like plain bagels). The night before, Katie asked me if I had a toaster I could bring in to school for this nonsense. After class that day, she asked me if I could hold the extra bagels while she struggled to carry her laptop on which she was playing Pokemon as we walked out of the trailer, across the parking lot, and into the building. She continued playing the game all throughout lunch, making odd noises and exclamations, while I half studied math/half watched Avatar: The Last Airbender with Jenny on her laptop. I simply cannot capture all of this on a video camera!
Sigh. I'll go finish writing that script for Japanese now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yaay!!! I'm excited for you too winona! You're going to have so much fun! I definitely want to meet her via video. just comment on my most recent post telling me when and i will tryyyy my best to be there when it's good for you! I know your schedule is PACKED as it is. What a cool thing to do :D Squee excitement for winona. Remember to BREATHE and SLEEP and EAT during this, what is sure to be, psychotic adventure of exchange student...ing? thing whatever!
Post a Comment