Cleaning and Japanese students

Friday, March 5, 2010
I don't know about you all, but I get a SEVERE adrenaline rush from cleaning. I'm serious.
Anyone who has been to my house on a relatively short-notice visit would know that this does not completely make sense, as my room normally resembles something similar to the house in which Slughorn stayed when Harry and Dumbledore visited him in the summer before his sixth year. Before they cleaned it up, I mean. It can be pretty bad. When it is clean, I normally take the time to make things super neat by not just keeping clothes off the floor and textbooks stacked neatly, but I also go OCD and make sure random books on shelves are straight and pillows are properly placed and such. [That was a terrible sentence. I don't feel like revising it.] However, what normally happens is I have a particularly bad weekend with a lot of work, which I tend to spread all over my bedroom floor. The next thing you know, a textbook is left open on the ground where I left it, as is a binder in which I place my completed homework. Soon, I get lazy and add random clothes to the clutter until it gets so gross I can't stand it. Then I go crazy cleaning it. Literally, tonight I actually vacuumed for the first time in about five years. Well, maybe not that long ago, but it certainly feels like it. I normally would have left this for tomorrow, but my Japanese student is arriving tomorrow at 11:45 AM, so I don't have much time to get it done before she gets here. I don't need to add to her image of disgusting, lazy Americans I'm (assuming) she has. [That was another bad sentence. I need to get to sleep.]
I'm really tired and I am getting up early tomorrow to do homework before she comes because this weekend is the first of many completely packed weekends coming up. For school friends- you'll get to meet my student Monday! Same goes for base school friends except for Arisa who doesn't read this (to my knowledge), because she will be going with us to see West Side Story at my base school tomorrow after we get back from the airport. COWS: go on tokbox tomorrow night to meet her :) Unless you all use some other video chat service now, considering I feel insanely out of it having not been on facebook in weeks. Speaking of which, I don't know if deleting facebook has been making a difference or if I've just had a few easy units, but I got an 88 on my last math test (something with which I am completely happy, even though some of my friends would cry at that grade) and my last physics test wasn't too bad.

Next time I write there will be a REAL LIVE JAPANESE PERSON IN MY HOUSE :) Maybe I should write my next post in Japanese? Or not...

1 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

I do the same cleaning thing as you. Haha

have so much fun! I should probably get some sleep too...

Good luck with the facebook thing! i really hope it's working out for you :D

Post a Comment