You, reading this blog right now. Hey, how's it going? I'm assuming, considering you are reading this now, that you are alive. Being alive is a good thing. I am also assuming (and hoping) that you are healthy. Being healthy is also a good thing. Unfortunately, being healthy isn't as easy for some as it is for others. Yes, my friends, I am talking about terrible monster of a disease otherwise known as cancer. EVERYONE will know someone at some point who will suffer through cancer. It is world suck to the extreme and my goal today is to help take steps to slowly chopping away this massive pile of suck. How? By taking your money, of course. This year, like the past two years, I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Relay for Life is an incredible event in which teams of people come together to a park or a school where they walk around a track for 12-24 hours to signify that "cancer never sleeps." Teams raise money before the event, all of which go to benefit the American Cancer Society.
I am captain of a team this year- 11:11-Make a Wish, Find a Cure. Unfortunately, while we can wait for 11:11 and wish all we want, I'm afraid that won't get us anywhere to finding a cure. However, your money is something that can. By donating any amount of money, even just $5, to my page which can be found here, steps can be taken to forever eradicating this disease from the earth.
I'm sure you are asked often to donate money for this cause, and that cause, and it seems that everyone wants your money these days, especially when everything is tighter than usual. However, I'm not just asking for you to help one small group of people somewhere you've never heard of (not that there is anything wrong with donating money to these people!). Donating money is protecting yourself and your loved ones, remembering those lost to cancer and celebrating those who won their battle.
Remember the wonderful craziness surrounding Helping Haiti Heal, when everyone was donating a little here and there to raise the enormous total of over $120,000? Why can't we try that again? Pass this along and let's see how much we can raise. By donating money, you are:
Helping people stay well Helping people get well Finding a cure Fighting back So please, it would mean so much to me if you could donate something. Anything. What goes around comes around, and a few dollars today could mean the world in the future. Celebrate. Remember. Fight back. |
3 comments:
The link doesn't workk...
I see no link. And this was nice.
No, I see it. It works.
Post a Comment