"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
-Luna Lovegood
What to say... what to say...
I've had PLENTY going on this week. That's not the problem.
My brain has been going through the motions
Like the engine of a car, turning, rotating
It picked up speed these past few weeks
Moving faster than before
It didn't like going that fast
I wasn't unhappy, necessarily
I was just bored.
I didn't do anything this weekend
I was a timer at a swim meet
Let me tell you about the swim meet:
It was out in rich people land
In other words, when I first walked into the pool
I glared at the Stone Bridge banner hanging on the wall
I hate Stone Bridge
I was timing with two large white guys
One had an Irish accent
The other (from what I heard)
Worked for the government
I'm sure they were both rich
I watched the large white guy
Tap a small white woman
(blond, of course)
on the shoulder
He asked her if she had moved yet
"No," she replied. "It's a new house
So it won't be until the end of June."
"Oh, a new house. Good for you,"
The man replied.
White people building new houses
Out in rich people land
Their kids swimming for pools
Where the STONE BRIDGE swim team swims
It makes me sick
Now I will write a list.
Last few weeks:
Back bedroom in the basement
Swivel chair
Green tea mints
Chai tea
"I Drove All Night" by Celine Dion
"End" by Secondhand Serenade
Physics textbook
AMSCO
Brick
Laptop
Random Harry Potter books
Mozart/classical CD's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment