Katie, you don't count.

GUESS WHAT?
I am blogging during APUSH.
This is really rather exciting.
However, I feel a bit guilty about not paying attention to my teacher and I think I will continue to take notes here.

1868 all but three states re-admitted to Union/congress
Wanted to elect former freed men but many were illiterate, few elected had some political experience, education
Terrorism against Republican coaltition, by 1867 thousands of them (mostly blacks) had been killed.
Attempted to lessen violence, did not work
Black suffrage is denied in several western states, blacks could vote only in New England states
Election of 1868, Johnson clearly removed from office, Republican candidate: Ulysses S Grant
Democratic platform- racist, nominated Seymour, recognizes interest of worker class who were more interested in sound money (specie), not Greenbacks
Democratic party splits over the nature of Greenbacks
Greenback party began to rise, would appear by next election.
Violence in south during election of 1868 was severe, mostly Louisiana, Arkansas, etc.
Republicans passed 15th amendment- gave suffrage to all male citizens of United States
Women tried to push for amendment to be changed to "all Americans," women's suffrage movement divided into those opposed to 15th amendment, and those wanting to accept it and to work for women's suffrage later on
Many black women stopped working in fields to take care of children
General improvements in black life- Freedman's Bureau sets up schools

I'm bored.
So yesterday, I went with my mother to Jammin Java to pick up tickets for this concert in two weeks. In case you don't know, Jammin Java is this music venue in which SONORUS will be held February 6th. When my mother mentioned this to the guy behind the counter, he gave this sigh typical to silly muggles. Then he let me go to the back hallway and "steal" a poster, which was really just a flier. It was a rather odd flier that had this picture which I still do not fully understand. It has this random phrase that is something like, "1960 has never felt so fresh" or something, about which I am also confused. Oh well. It was so weird seeing this empty building, imagining it to be filled with wizard people in a few weeks. I really can't even begin to describe how excited I am for Sonorus. Not only will there be several CoWs partying it up, but I also know a few people from school who will also be there. I will get absolutely no work done that weekend, but that's okay. I got a bit excited for a moment because I thought I Night would be the Friday night everyone is arriving, but I then checked the calendar to discover it was the end of February. I can't even begin to say how crazy it would have been for freaking CoWs to be at my school for that. BTW, if you (coughKara) are still figuring out if you can go, I'd advise solidifying plans NOW because transportation costs are cheaper the earlier you pay for it, plus I think tickets for the event are selling out.
Okay. This blog sucks. I'm going to go now and attempt to give my full attention to my teacher.

2 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

AH.

I WANNA GO.
WHo's going?
Facebook!!!

Katie said...

Full attention to Mr. Helm. Hehhh. Course.

And I wasn't aware I needed to preorder these tickets? :O

Post a Comment