I HAZ CHANGED MY BLOG NAME. HOORAYY. I decided to change it to my favorite line from Defying Gravity, because I feel like this represents my general view on the world in this point in my life.
I have discovered how to get on facebook on my computer. This is terrible. I am using all the self-restraint I humanly possess, and it is not working.
Oh well...
Today was a day. Nothing special happened today, for 'twas just a day. Just a day, said the child, gazing at the empty blog post staring back at her on her computer screen. The whiteness was glaring, filling her mind with orders of, "Feed me! Feed me! Fill me up with your endless supply of words! Make me look as though some intelligent person was on the other side of me! Throw words that look smart on my page, even though we both know most of the time you have no idea what you are saying!" The child obliged, quietly tap tap tapping away at her keyboard, that lovely black keyboard of the laptop. Oh, how I loved that laptop. The lime green color filled me with memories of guacamole and lime from my home country, years ago. I can still taste the tang on my tongue, the delicious smell of my mother's kitchen... ENRIQUE!
I have a problem.
I have a weird relationship with English this year. On the one hand, I absolutely love some of what we have been reading. We just moved past Poe, who I absolutely adored, and now we are starting on Whitman. I loved just the small excerpt of one of his poems we read today, and I am extremely excited to read some of it. However, I have such frustrations with my English class and teacher that it really almost makes the whole thing pointless. The discussions are forced, bland, and obviously only for a grade. It's like a "let's state the completely obvious" party going on every day. But the thing is, I don't really know or like my class, so I tend to get quiet and keep my controversial ideas to myself. "Controversial" because I find myself disagreeing with the class nearly every day, but I don't ever feel like it half the time.
I am currently thinking very controversial thoughts that I would like to get out, but I am in fear of hurting anyone. Basically- I am not a religious person in the least. I have nothing against being religious, but it really bothers when certain people preach their beliefs to me. I don't want to name names, because I don't know who reads this, but I am really happy with who I am and how I treat the world and everyone in it (well, somewhat. I'm still working on that last one...), and I do not feel the need to turn to some higher power. Don't say how you are better than me because of this, because I too am an ethical and a kind person. But at the same time, while I try to keep my thoughts to myself, it really annoys me how some people blatantly express their dislike for other beliefs, like facebook groups and bumper stickers making fun of atheists, or vice versa, making fun of Christians or those of any other religion. It is this that creates hate in the world, simple witty slogans against another person's beliefs. This escalates into bigger and bigger problems, and the next thing you know you have countries fighting against each other because of their differences. I AM NOT CONDEMNING RELIGION. I just want everyone to be happy and at peace with each other. This is actually what I love about living in such a diverse (cough cough) area, because my friends can all tolerate each other (somewhat) despite our differences. I also think that intelligent discussions are wonderful between people of different views, but offensive T-shirts and facebook groups are unnecessary. Okay, I'm done preaching (I'm such a hypocrite). Be nice to one another. Keep your religion to yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(122)
-
▼
January
(15)
- Controversy
- Snuggle with a puggle
- I don't think you should read this.
- APUSH Blogging #2
- There is toothpaste on my face
- I really hope this is not my last blog post
- Nostalgia
- Titles, titles, titles
- Odd.
- EXTREME
- Bonus points if you can guess which aspect of Amer...
- Japanese exchange students :)
- Wicked, Viennese, and other nonsense
- School School School School
- Procrastination, spring break, and cheap dresses
-
▼
January
(15)
1 comments:
LOL YOU ARE SO WEIRD
Everything before
"I have a problem" IS WHY YOU ARE AMAZING. Lmao i don't even know if i can read the rest, odds are nothing tops that...
Post a Comment