Bus issues

Tuesday, September 15, 2009
This morning, I was on a bus for an hour and 45 minutes. I arrived at school five minutes late. This afternoon, I was on a bus for two hours. I have officially missed 25 minutes of class time due to my bus being late.

...Shoot me now.

My mother has already emailed the school transportation person for my county. Seriously, this is ridiculous. The bus driver that takes my from my local high school to my nerd school is the same one I've had since freshman year, and I can't figure out what might possess her to take this route that takes half an hour longer than the normal one. It just doesn't make sense! It's not a gas mileage thing, because it is stop and go traffic practically the entire way.

In other news, earlier this evening I was "helping" a friend with our physics homework. After a few pathetic attempts to make sense of the scribble I wrote, she decided to get help from a friend in AP. Good idea. For one question, we had to hold up a pencil to the moon and use the diameter of the pencil, the distance from the pencil to your face, and the distance from the moon to the earth to calculate the diameter of the moon. It has been cloudy for the past few days. I think about two people managed to actually calculate it and everyone copied their data from facebook. Oh, the wonders of the 21st century.

I have physics first thing in the morning. Tomorrow, we are going over the homework and then taking a quiz on this homework. If I miss this and fail the test because my bus is late... well, let's just say that I won't be very happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment