First Monday of the school year. Sighhh...
Mondays at my school are terrible. We have block scheduling, meaning Tuesday-Friday we only have four classes a day. Mondays, however, we have all eight classes for 40 minutes each. While the shorter classes seem appealing at first, it's really not. By the end of the day, your brain feels like it is going to explode from information overload and your back feels like it is going to break under the weight of all of your books. Right now, my head is killing me and all I really want to do is sleep. Unfortunately, that isn't really an option, considering the workload about which I am currently terrified.
So apparently this year all of my bus drivers got together and formulated a plan to take as much time as possible to get me to and from school. Seriously. In the morning, I am picked up at some ungodly hour to be taken to my local high school. This school is about 15 minutes away. From there, I take another bus to the nerd school, because I'm cool like that. This school is about 40 minutes away. If you do this math, it should result in a little less than two hours traveling time every day. However, for some reason today I calculated that I spent three and a half hours sitting on a smelly, noisy, uncomfortable bus. My first bus driver takes the most inefficient route known to mankind, as she goes through my neighborhood, picks up the kids at my stop, leaves the neighborhood, re-enters it on another street, picks up the kids at the other stop, and leaves it the same way. She sits at the same light (which will stay red for five minutes, no joke) twice in one route. She then takes a ridiculous route to pick up some random girl, and by then it has been about half an hour on this bus. Then, my second bus driver takes this insanely backed up two-lane road to get to school, rather than the highway which she took last year. It literally takes us an hour and a half. In the first five days of school, I have arrived late twice. She takes this same route home, and I'm on the bus for another hour and a half. THREE AND A HALF HOURS. That is wayyyy too long to be on a bus.
Let's make today even more, uh, fun. I take my brother to swimming at a quarter to seven, go to the library, work until a little before eight, arrive at the pool and wait there for him to come out. His swimming ends at eight. He showed up at around eight thirty. Apparently he is swimming with an older group or something which goes half an hour later and he is supposed to get out earlier or something. Either way, that was FOUR HOURS today I spent doing nothing. Four out of 24 hours. 1/6th of my day was spent not sleeping, not doing work, not learning, but doing nothing. A productive person would have used these hours to get something done. Not me, of course. I can't work on the bus. I just can't concentrate with the funny smells and the obnoxious idiots being obnoxiously loud.
I'm really tired. I'm going to go read The Scarlet Letter and do a stupid writing assignment and then I'm sleeping. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment