THIS IS MY FIRST BLOG

Sunday, September 6, 2009
Hello, and welcome to the very first entry in my wonderful "new" blog. I actually created it several months ago, but I never got around to posting anything. I feel like I should be introducing myself, but then again I'm not really aiming to be read by people I do not know. So I'll keep the introduction brief and vague to prevent creepy old men from stalking me: My name is Winona and I like Harry Potter. There. Done.
So I'm new to this whole blogging thing. I don't really read them much; I prefer vlogs. I made video blogs for a while, but I'm not really comfortable in front of the camera, so I stopped doing them. I kept wanting to start blogging but I never got around to it. UNTIL NOW (dun dun dun dunnnnnn)
This year, I will be entering my junior year (yay, another piece of information for the creepy stalkers. Great.), which is supposed to be the worst, most difficult year of high school. I had a tough time keeping up with my school work last year, and I decided I needed to make some changes to my study habits. For example, this is my typical day after school:

I arrive home.
Check email.
Check facebook.
Check youtube.
Check twitter.
Eat dinner.
Do a few math problems.
Check facebook.
Do two more math problems.
Watch a youtube video.
Start an English essay; write three sentences.
Update twitter.
Write two more sentences.
Check facebook.
Finish the first paragraph.
Check my email.
Pull out history textbook; read a page.
Check facebook.

...I think you get it.

Therefore, this year I have decided to block facebook, youtube, twitter, and all of those other distracting sites from my computer. I admit my addiction. However, I noticed a flaw in this ingenious plan. I was going to need some sort of healthy internet outlet or I would drive myself crazy. And then I had a solution: blogging. This is a healthier way of getting things off my chest after a difficult day of school than constantly checking and re-checking those other sites. Another flaw I noticed in this plan was that I figured I would eventually get lazy and stop after 3 weeks. Ergo, I had my friend challenge me. Every Sunday night (the time when high school students do all the homework assigned to them for the weekend), I will have a blog posted before midnight. This will mean that I will have a reason to have all my homework finished by this time, which will hopefully help with my terrible procrastination. If I can do this every week by the end of each grading period she will owe me a cake. If I slip up and don't have time one week, I owe her a cake. It's that simple.

School starts on Tuesday. I'm going to make this year count. I'm not going to let physics kill me. I won't let my AP's ruin my life. It will be epic. Just wait.

-Winona

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for blogging! I love blogging, possibly since I love writing.

Your homework routine sounds a lot like mine. :lol:

This is Sarah from CoW, in case you didn't know!

KaraDawlish said...

okay <3

Post a Comment