Is excruciatingly bored a phrase? Well, I have just made it one, because that is how I feel at the moment. Please excuse me while I go and finish up annotating a speech.
I'm back.
I feel guilty. I was whining about being bored listening to and annotating Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, which is somewhat disrespectful since it is a truly wonderful and moving speech. I am just a whiny obnoxious teenager. Please forgive me.
I have the most boring APUSH assignment to do right now and I really can't force myself to do it. It involves analyzing documents and writing about them. I am really bored.
I have decided that while writing about the federal government and the Northwest Territory in the years 1785-1825 is absolutely fascinating, for some odd reason I find myself enjoying painting my nails blue while listening to film soundtracks and looking at Threadless t-shirts a bit more. For some reason. I cannot imagine why.
I am slowly making my way through this assignment. He said we only needed an outline, so I hope what I have will suffice. He also said no more than two pages. Do you think half a page double spaced will be okay? I kinda want to just end it now. There is nothing of substance here. I do not understand the prompt. I wish you could still BS stuff, but with most APUSH teachers they are really serious against that. They can pick out a BS'd essay in a second and grade it harshly, so I don't have that option.
I gave up. My mother is waking me up at 4am tomorrow morning and I will finish it then. Currently, all I really want to do is look at puppies and kittens, listen to coughClayAikencough, and sleep. The latter would probably be the smartest thing for me to do now. However, I know Kara was complaining about how my blogs are too short and I need to entertain her longer during her communications class, I will continue writing.
Today was interesting. I was ridiculously tired and out of it this morning, for some reason. I went to bed on time last night, but I was having difficulty shifting back into school-mode. I honestly can barely remember my first four classes. Lunch was also interesting. I had a heated debate with a friend about universal health care, and I ended up getting pretty emotional about the whole thing. Since my mom deals with a lot of lower income (dare I say it?) black kids with one parent who couldn't care less about the child, issues dealing with helping out the poor tend to hit me hard emotionally. I am a humanist, which means that I believe in the human race working together to survive in the world. I believe that what you put into a community, you receive back. However, health care is not my first choice in the first steps against poverty, education is. If you provide better education for younger children in poor inner-city areas or poor rural areas, people will be able to better provide for themselves, which puts them into the community rather than leaving them there to be a strain on society. But either way, any step towards providing help and care to those who need it will slowly diminish the level of poverty in our country.
Whenever I write about deep issues like this just for fun on my own free time, I never get the whole thing out because at some point I either get bored or tired of writing and since it is not required, I don't have the motivation to finish the argument. Either way, to sum it all up, I am for universal health care. And Katie (yes, I am addressing you in a blog rather than directly), the whole Holocaust rant was really just for you. It had nothing to do with the debate, and it was just for you to stop being apathetic. It is an issue that really bothers me, as you can imagine. I'm going to leave it at that.
Kara, I hope I have provided you entertainment in your class. Go draw something on paint or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(40)
-
▼
November
(13)
- TO DO LISTSSSS
- Mushy personal stuff :)
- Sanksgiving tawk
- I owe Gloria a cake
- If you're happy and you know it clap your hands <...
- I am not an alcoholic
- Sleeping and weekend talk
- Treasures of my past
- When I rule the world
- Excruciatingly Bored
- I write really boring blog posts
- Weekend part two (yeah I know it's really late)
- Weekend part 1/Thoughts on perception
-
▼
November
(13)
1 comments:
i say excruciatingly boring... psht
ha you make me smile. man i actually am in communications right now and i THANK you for that entire last paragraph you added rigth there. AMAZING.
it shocks me everytime i read my name on here lol idont know why but every time...
pain psh paint is for LOSERS. im headed to Tumblr...
Post a Comment