If I were a good student, I would be using this time to start my physics problem sets, even though the printer jammed and I can't print them out. I would find a way to get a head start on them and copy them down on another sheet of paper from my computer screen. But alas, I am not a good student. I would much rather sit here and download a program to convert video files to audio files. Because I'm cool.
I got my report card today in the mail, and while I'm not surprised, it doesn't make me any less upset. I am not worried about precalc or physics; I tend to start the year poorly in math and science but bring it up as the year goes on. What was really bothering me was my communication systems grade. I already knew I had a 77 in the class, but something about seeing it right there flipped me out a bit (especially with the words "needs to learn basic skills" written next to it). I have received C+'s before, but what was really scaring me was why I couldn't seem to get the hang of this class. It is not difficult. Many people have over a 100, and the majority are B+ and above. And then there is me. It just doesn't make sense. I've never been so far below the rest of the class before. I have had the lowest grade in the class, but it has normally been around a 2-3% difference, not 10%. It's a frustrating and confusing situation, and I don't feel like talking about it anymore. I am in a good mood, and this does not put me in a good mood, and I am not in the mood to ruin my good mood at the moment.
That was a funny sentence.
Moving on.
I was just thinking about how tomorrow is Friday, and then it is the weekend, and then five more days, and then another weekend, and then a 2.5 day week, and then it is Thanksgiving :)
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I don't care for the historical significance, because I think it is entirely incorrect, but I think there is nothing wrong with having a holiday in late November where you eat too much good food and go shopping and officially start the holiday season. And of course, give thanks. It is one of my favorite times of the year, and my expectations are always lower than Hanukkah or Christmas (which I celebrate... in a way), so it ends up working out better than them. I have already made a "best of" Jingle Spells playlist, which I am so excited about putting back on my iPod.
I was just having this conversation with Katie. I absolutely love the holiday season for many reasons- the pretty lights, the decorations, the festive music, the sales, the smell of peppermint, the colder weather, and everything in between. However, I get really annoyed with the political correctness of the season. I am Jewish, but I have no problem with people not acknowledging Hanukkah. What people don't realize is how insignificant of a holiday Hanukkah really is in the Jewish religion. Historically, it is just not a big deal. However, in recent times, American Jews decided they wanted a "Jewish Christmas" and started the whole gift-giving and commercialization of the holiday. While I am not complaining about getting gifts (tee hee), I get a bit annoyed with people who feel the need to include Hanukkah in everything, because in this day and age we are so paranoid about excluding minority groups or whatever. I know these people have good intentions, but if you want to acknowledge my religion, I would rather you wish me a Happy New Year in September than wish me Happy Hanukkah.
After ranting about this to Katie, she agreed that she did not like the commercialization of Christmas. While I am not religious, nor am I Christian, I completely understand the frustration of mixing the secular practices of the holiday season with Christmas.
So this is what we decided. We want to create a holiday that allows for traditional celebration of December, but has no religious correlation. I had the idea of being like the Chinese or Japanese and have a major several-week long New Years celebration. Think about it- it is a completely secular holiday, so no religion would be offended, it affects everyone in the country, considering you kinda have to follow the same calendar in you are living in America, and you can have an excuse to give gifts and decorate houses with pretty lights. And get off from school, of course.
Though, I also had a better idea: just make a month-long celebration of my birthday! That should be a national holiday.
These are the beginnings of my plans for when I rule the world. I also plan on changing math, physics, and history so they make sense to ME. Everyone will have to follow the new rules I set up. MUAHAHAHAHA. Beware.
I'm tired. I think I'm going to bed. Happy Friday, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(40)
-
▼
November
(13)
- TO DO LISTSSSS
- Mushy personal stuff :)
- Sanksgiving tawk
- I owe Gloria a cake
- If you're happy and you know it clap your hands <...
- I am not an alcoholic
- Sleeping and weekend talk
- Treasures of my past
- When I rule the world
- Excruciatingly Bored
- I write really boring blog posts
- Weekend part two (yeah I know it's really late)
- Weekend part 1/Thoughts on perception
-
▼
November
(13)
1 comments:
I dunno mann... What if I'm worse at Winonu physics?!
And let's totally celebrate your birthday for a week.... because we don't quite have time for a month :)
Post a Comment