There are many wonderful things in this world. I will begin listing a few of them.
- Ice cream
- Chai tea
- Piano versions of Defying Gravity
- Winning a soccer tournament
- Watching an internet-created song whose profits go to charity get in the top 40 UK charts
- Volunteering at a children's flea market with friends
- Buying a classic Harry Potter board game at said flea market
- Ravenclaw ski hats
- Tok box parties with the some of the most awesome people in the world
- Japanese music
- Driving and not getting lost
Here are some not-so wonderful things that unfortunately are as common as the wonderful things:
- Physics problem sets that were actually due Friday
- Math homework that doesn't make sense
- Worrying about a not-yet written speech that will be presented in front of an English class in front of which you don't really feel comfortable speaking
- Mental breakdowns that come from oversleeping and lack of food
- Issues with athletic field permits that for some reason make us wait an extra hour to play soccer so some stupid little kids can play football
- Not ever having enough time for anything
Well, there you have it. My weekend in a nutshell. Nothing was average or mediocre this weekend. It was insanely bi-polar, though after making those lists it feels like the good outweighs the not-good.
It was really weird. Several times this weekend I got ready to go out but never got around to it, and every time had something to do with sleeping. Friday evening my mother was planning on taking my brother and me to some new members dinner at a synagogue we just joined. I came home Friday, chilled for a bit, and then got ready to go out at whatever time she told us we had to leave. I was surprised to find her still napping when we were supposed to go. I was annoyed that I had just rushed around to get ready for an event I didn't even want to go to, for her to have been sleeping the whole time. You see, my mother and I operate completely differently. When I need to go out, I need to set aside time to get things together, change clothes if I am coming from school, and just freshen up. I need to mentally prepare myself, too, if I'm driving. I'm just weird like that. My mother, however, can roll out of bed and be in the car driving off five minutes later. Either way, I was in a bad mood because of this, so she told me to stay home because I can be pretty obnoxious and unpleasant to be around when I am in one of these moods. So that's what I did. I ate dinner with my father and my other brother, and then we just hung around for the rest of the evening. I talked to Kara on tokbox, and then we were joined by Heather, and soon we also had Mo and then Olivia. Then, however, it was 10 and I had to leave and go watch Numb3rs, which I actually regret a bit because the episode wasn't very good and I could have spent the time talking to my friends who I get to see so rarely.
I went to sleep after this, because I had to wake up at around six the next morning. I was going to volunteer at this children's flea market with Katie and Gloria, and I had to be there by 7:30. I drove myself and didn't get lost, about which I am very proud :) Basically, for two hours we helped parents bring in enormous boxes of old toys their kids were selling. After the mad rush from about 8-9, we didn't have much to do, so we perused the aisles to look at the stuff the kids were selling. I was very tempted to buy the Pixar monopoly game, but I didn't think my mother would be very happy with me bringing in some game she probably cleared out of the house years ago like these kids were doing. However, I couldn't resist when I passed a table where a girl had this huge stack of board games, four of which were HP games! I ended up buying one of them for $2, and I am so excited to play it! Katie of course flipped out over a Pikachu backpack and a talking Togepi doll, both of which she bought, but Gloria was lame enough to not bring money. Honestly, there was some pretty awesome stuff there. Fail Gloria.
Afterward, Katie and I went to Starbucks and I got a chai tea latte, because chai tea is just so amazing. When I got home, I felt so accomplished. It was 10 am, and I had already done two hours of community service and hung out with my friends. I was pumped. Immediately I started cleaning my room, doing my laundry, and other things I tend to put off until Sunday night. I also practiced the cello, which was pretty crazy. I then left for my soccer game, once again driving myself since my father was camping with my brother and my mother was at work. I had some car issues, as the car wouldn't start at first, but then I got it and I drove off. The game was great- we won 1-0, and since it was a tournament game it meant we were also playing again the next day. I was still feeling great when I returned home and started getting ready for the end of season party. However, (once again with the sleeping!) my mother was sleeping when I got back. I didn't really want to go to the party by myself, and she didn't feel like going. I also realized how late it was and the homework I still had to do, so instead of going to the party I stayed home and ate a late lunch/early dinner. (There's more to it than that, but I don't really want to post that in a blog). And then I fell asleep.
I slept from 5-8. I had an 9 pm indoor soccer game that night, at a place that is 40 minutes from my house, and we were supposed to be there by 8:30. Freaking out, I also realized that my jersey was still wet and in the washing machine. My stomach was also hurting from the half-dinner I had a few hours ago, and I just couldn't bring myself to leave the house. It was one of those things where I probably could have gone to the game if I really wanted to, but I was still in this half-asleep mode and I was not in the proper mindset to make good decisions. Once again, my mother made an executive decision and emailed the coach that something had come up and I couldn't play in the game. It was probably better that way, too, because I was in a messed up mood.
I only have 12 minutes to get this up, so I'll cut it short. I'll continue it later. Eventually. Knowing me, in a few months from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(40)
-
▼
November
(13)
- TO DO LISTSSSS
- Mushy personal stuff :)
- Sanksgiving tawk
- I owe Gloria a cake
- If you're happy and you know it clap your hands <...
- I am not an alcoholic
- Sleeping and weekend talk
- Treasures of my past
- When I rule the world
- Excruciatingly Bored
- I write really boring blog posts
- Weekend part two (yeah I know it's really late)
- Weekend part 1/Thoughts on perception
-
▼
November
(13)
1 comments:
noooooooo party over work ALWAY PARTY OVER WORK.
but there's more... so i won't judge
Post a Comment