(30 days ready set GO)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
So I've pretty much completely neglected BEDA. Whoops. I was away for a few days and all of a sudden, all of my motivation melted into a puddle of Hana Yori Dango, pretzels and nutella, and... I have no idea.
I think I want to give myself a new challenge, however. I'm going to try blogging every day for the next 30 straight days, since BEDA was such a fail. I need this kind of discipline to get myself in the mood for school. I have a dentist appointment early tomorrow morning (fun! Ugh.) and I think getting up on time and getting something productive done so early will be good for me. I got a couple books from the library today (one summer reading, two for fun) and I have two other books I just bought (one summer reading, one more for my reading pleasure) so I have plenty to productively use my time.


READING LIST
- Brave New World  (Aldous Huxley) [school]
- State of Fear (Michael Crichton) [school]
- Lost Japan (Alex Kerr)
- Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)
- Both Sides of Time (Caroline B. Cooney)

One thing on my high school bucket list was to read 25 new non-school related books, so I'm getting a head start with these three. Yes, one of them is nonfiction and another I read half of which last summer for summer reading (Kafka on the Shore was a pretty good book but I didn't know how I would write an essay on Japanese culture for my AP Japanese summer assignment, so I gave up and read a really boring nonfiction book), but I definitely chose the last three on my own. I really love this familiar feeling of having new books I want to read. Being at the library today, gazing at titles of books that looked interesting, was a really wonderful feeling.

Okay. I'm going to sleep now (for the earliest time in a few days...)

(there were a lot of parentheses in this post)

0 comments:

Post a Comment