Cancer sucks

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I want to say that today wasn't a good day. That sounds weird. Rather, I feel guilty that today was a good day. I'm not very good at being openly sentimental about things. That doesn't mean I don't feel these emotions (or even more so than most people because I keep them inside so much), but I never know what to do with myself when something terrible happens to someone in a community in which I belong. I don't know why, but I always feel uncomfortable posting those extremely thoughtful and beautiful messages people tend to write on facebook or twitter when they are mourning the loss of someone they barely knew. I think it's wonderful that people do this, and I don't know why I can't get myself to publicly recognize beautiful lives that ended too soon.

I had a fine, typical day, but many others did not. I feel guilty about this. I don't know what else to say. I am keeping your family in my thoughts and I hope you are still smiling, wherever you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment