[I know this reads like a third grader's essay "Tell me about your pet," but I'm somewhat of a wreck at the moment and this is the best I can do.]
There are simply no words to describe how much I love my dog, Sophia. For the past seven years now, she has always been there to provide a warm body and a warm heart. She is the purest creature on earth. All she has ever wanted from anyone is just to be loved (and food, of course). People have been initially intimidated by her barking, but once they pat her on the head she becomes their best friend. Everyone loves Sophia. My neighborhood is full of kids and dogs, but everyone knows Sophia is the special one.
Whenever I used to be upset, she would immediately come up to me and place her muzzle under my chin, whining, trying to cheer me up. Her giant brown eyes stare into yours, begging you to just touch her, scratch her behind the ears, kiss her on top of the head. Even in the past year as she's gone through an increasing amount of pain, she still greets me every day with a wagging tail and that same look in her eyes. "Love me," they say, and it's impossible not to. My family isn't a dog family, we are a Sophia family. She is the only dog for us and I know she has changed each of us in some way. But I still see her as my dog- I was the one who spent a year fighting for a dog when I was ten, I was the one who picked her out, she slept in my room for years, and I was the one who loved her the most. October 15th is going to be one of the toughest days of my life, but I can't bear to see her in this pain anymore. She is the first of many dogs for me, and I couldn't have asked for a better first dog. I'm going to miss her so much and I know I'll never forget her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment