There will probably end up being four posts today. I'm in a mood.
I have decided that from now on, on every clear evening I will watch the sunset. At the moment, I am sitting on the floor in my room in front of my westward-facing window. The sun is setting behind my neighbor's trees, lighting up the slowly changing colors of the leaves and creating a truly beautiful scene. From now until it gets dark too early, I will do this every night. This summer, I started walking up to my school playground and, when there were no small children around, swinging on the swings. I've always loved swinging on swings, and doing so while listening to my music is bliss. Last night after dinner I walked up and swung on the swings while watching the sun set behind the trees around my old elementary school. It was gorgeous and peaceful and there is nothing more I'd love to be doing now than that. Unfortunately, I have a stupid geosystems presentation to do (which was assigned on the Jewish holiday. See previous post for that rant) and while I don't really have the time to write this, I need to get this off my mind.
So I'll resume listening to my music while working on this project as the sun slowly sets before my eyes. I have more to say on this, but I really need to get moving. I am so done with high school. Too bad there are still nine more months left.
And a side note- being so close to the airport does not help stem my longing to escape from high school, suburbia, and everything. Every time I see a plane fly by, it is flying to Japan without me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment