Right before my eyes is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen in my life. The sunset consistently takes my breath away, but I have rarely seen it like this.
I walked into my mostly dark room just a few minutes ago and happened to notice an odd orange glow from below the drawn blinds of my west-facing window. I drew them back and literally gasped at the gorgeous mix of orange, purple, and blue as the clouds swirled around, lit by the bright colors of the setting sun. Immediately, my chest filled up with emotion and I felt something settling deep inside my heart. The first thought in my mind was my memory of the plane ride back from Japan. I was so emotional and yet so content with everything in the world. The trip had its ups and downs, but the last goodbye at the airport took me back to everything that had happened in the past few months and I realized how fortunate I was to have had experienced this life-changing trip. I felt like my world had completely opened up and I was able to add another LeakyCon-like batch of friends and memories to my precious collection. The long plane flight was a time for me to really reflect on everything and to allow these memories to settle in my mind forever.
On the plane ride to Japan, I was terrified and uncomfortable, physically and emotionally. I also remember it being sunny the whole 14 hours, as we were following the sun. On the way back, however, not only was my general emotion completely content, but we flew in the dark for a while and were able to witness the sunrise from above the clouds. I remember watching the sunrise and allowing the beauty of it, paired with the beauty of my memories, completely consume me. It was a moment when the world stood still, just raw emotion filling every crevice of my mind.
I'm not the best photographer, but this will have to do.
I had an amusing conversation earlier this evening with my mother about how things have really changed for the better in regards to my happiness with school and friends. I was a troubled child, but each year I look back and see how much better things have gotten, and how I wouldn't go back for anything in the world. I'm still changing, but I'm happier than I've ever been at the moment. I never used to be able to appreciate the sunset like I can now. I've never really appreciated beauty like I can now. This is a really exciting time for me, and I can't wait for this next chapter of my life to begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I KNOW! It was beautiful last night. <3 I was just standing on the sidelines in the beginning of the game staring at the clouds and not paying attention to all the chaos that is high school football. 'twas absolutely wonderful.
Post a Comment