Tonight is the last night of summer vacation. This time tomorrow, my lunch will be made, my bag will be packed, and I will probably be doing exactly as I am doing now: continuously tapping away at my laptop. I am going back and forth from writing this to helping Gloria with a college essay. Oh no. This is just the start. I began my Vassar essay today after a random stroke of inspiration. I've heard some really interesting essay questions from some people, Gloria being one of them, but all of my colleges are into the "tell us why you like [college x]" kind of essay. These are actually really difficult, because I know I can't jump into saying how it fits my criteria, I love the community, the location, and other nonsense any other high school student could blabber about in their own essays. We all want to stand out, but it's hard to do so with such a restricting question. I decided to begin my Vassar one with talking about how it was a really cold and rainy on the day of my tour but I still ended up loving the college anyway. I came to somewhat of a dead end there, but I'll pick it back up tomorrow. I'm thinking of applying early to Vassar, so who knows.
On that note, I'll try to sleep at a reasonable time tonight so I can, you know, get back into things.
Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment