First of all, shout out to my friend Cindy who, after months and months of me putting my blog in my gmail status, finally found it by "creeping." Go creep on her: http://cindy-isablog.blogspot.com/
I've actually had a few people tell me lately they creep on my blog. I find it weird, because even though I post the URL in my status and I tweet it occasionally, I still sometimes don't want people reading it. I forget that this is completely public and I pour my heart out onto the page, and then when my friends tell me they read it I cringe a bit on the inside. But at the same time, writing is a medium in which you can tell people the thoughts and feelings you have that are more difficult to convey in casual conversation at lunch. So maybe you know a bit more about me if you read my blog- more power to you! And I much prefer people telling me that they read my blog than when people used to tell me they watched my youtube videos. I should have known that blogging would be more of my thing than vlogging.
Does this ever happen to you? You have this book series that you obsess over for your entire life and then the last book comes out and you are completely sad and depressed and happy and you have all these crazy emotions, and then someone makes this really awesome video that totally makes you cry and you download it and put it on your iPod and you watch it a lot and it makes you really happy and nostalgic for months to come, and then randomly a year later you discover it has disappeared from the internet and your computer for whatever reason, and then a few years later you decide you want to watch it again but all you can remember is the song name and you don't know who made it or what they called the video, so you are searching youtube desperately for this video that may or may not even exist anymore at 12:30 in the morning.
Yeah, doesn't it suck when that happens?
But in all seriousness, tonight I had a "craving," if you will, of a video I used to love that was this tribute video to the general end of the series to the song "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. It was really well done and made me cry at the time, but then one day it was just gone. I understand youtube taking down videos (and a two second wikipedia search of Faith Hill showed me that her record label is Warner Bros. Records, surprise surprise, silly online Nazis), but I couldn't figure out how the video disappeared from my computer. One day I went to watch it on my iPod and it just wasn't there! Interesting... But basically I've been searching "deathly hallows tribute," "there you'll be faith hill deathly hallows," "harry potter tribute there you'll be," etc. with no success. I've gone through the youtube profiles of the people who made some of my other old favorites, I've gone to their websites in case they put it there once youtube took it down, I've even gone through their own favorites. I've found nothing, and it's really rather frustrating. I've resorted to looking through my old emails to see if I had emailed the link (you see, children, these are the days before we just posted things to people's facebook walls) to a friend and all I have come across are more of my AWFUL chat speak: " come back w/ur mom, then we can go c hp 5 2gether (comes out on the 11th), and u can come w/me 2 the bookstore 2 get hp 7. it comes out @ 12:01 on the 21st, so i'm going 2 the bookstore about noon on the 20th, staying all day, party's @ like 9:30 i think. i dont think i'll read in 1 day, again. i think i'll read a bit, sleep a bit, and finish it that afternoon."These were my initial plans for the book release, as you can tell. I am cringing. I blamed Katie a while ago for something, I think it was letting me use Internet Explorer to get on facebook, and now I am positively (?) blaming her for teaching me the wonder of PROPER GRAMMAR. Also, reading through my old emails cracks me up. I still find it hilarious how I thought people actually cared about my Harry Potter obsession. I found an email I sent out to all my friends telling them it was Harry Potter and J. K. Rowling's birthday. I was so weird...
Well, school has not yet been canceled for tomorrow, so I'm going to go start on that homework. Oh joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(122)
-
▼
February
(17)
- I drove all niiiiight... to see the Celine Dion mo...
- Dead Man
- Stupid
- Sick and tired
- I'm busy. This has not been proofread.
- FRUSTRATION
- Haiku
- School? What's that?
- This is a stupid post
- SEVERE
- Blogging and old emails
- THANK YOU GLORIA
- I wrote this in one sitting and reread nothing.
- Untitled
- A list
- SNOW DAYS FTW
- FATE
-
▼
February
(17)
3 comments:
I'm honored :)
Hahhahaha winona I STILL FIND IT FUNNY YOU TYPED LIKE THAT. Loooozer!! Loljk<3
Was that the video you showed me last spring break?
School is canceled! Tuesday and Wednesday!
Hmmm, I'd like to thank Katie as well, for shaming me into using capitalization in gchat (sometimes).
Post a Comment