School? What's that?

Monday, February 15, 2010
It is the last few hours of the week and a half long break due to the Snowmageddon of 2010. Let us recap:
- Began on Thursday evening with the cancellation of Sonorus and the CoW trip of awesome. Cue sobbing.
- Continued through a day off of school on Friday, in which before 4:00 PM, the time in which nearly all schools in the county have released students, there were a few inches of snow on the ground. Those few inches will feel like a lot more come July when we are still in school.
- Throughout the break, my brother and I finished season four of Numb3rs and began season five.
- I changed my blog layout many, many times.
- My mother baked two cakes (one chocolate and one carrot), several breads, brownies, cookies, and muffins. When I asked about this, she responded with "It's a snow day. Don't ask questions."
- When everyone was trapped inside, blogging and formspring became cool again.
- I re-organized my parents' CD collection and I cleaned out three sets of shelves.
- I drove on the terrible roads to go to the mall for about thirty minutes.
- Much shoveling took place.
- As did much blogging.
- And not enough Skyping.
- I re-organized my iTunes library.
- I read too much fanfiction.
- Human interaction: Superbowl party, mall with Gloria, library two days in a row, Skype, gmail
- I found enjoyment through traveling by google maps.
- I got a new high score on Tetris.
- Facebook, twitter, email, youtube, blogger. Repeat.
- Stalking to the extreme. It made me a bit uncomfortable, but not in the way you are imagining. As I do not know who reads this, I will stop now.
- I actually did some homework.
- I slowly began to go insane.

I do this A LOT: When I have a lot to do and I am near the end of it, I slow down and drag out the end FOREVER. This takes place with everything I do. When I used to run/was forced to run in P.E., I would be doing fine until I was near the end and then I would get in this mindset that just dragged the stupid thing out. Over the break I had several productive days, but there were a few assignments I just couldn't finish for whatever reason. I kept putting them off so I was doing work up until this evening. Even once I finished all of it, my room was a mess and I was nowhere near ready to go to school tomorrow, but I was still sitting in front of my computer doing nothing. Ergo, I had to literally get up and stick a bunch of notes on my mirror that were things I needed to do, and only when each one of the bits of paper was in the trash due to the completion of the task could I touch my computer. I am very list-oriented and this made getting those stupid things I never get around to doing go so much faster. This is not interesting.

I put a Harry Potter bookmark in my APUSH textbook. It made me happy.

There was definitely something I wanted to write about, but I cannot remember what it was. Oh well, I'll just do it tomorrow when I probably won't have school again because I'm never going to school again. And if I do... let's see if I can remember how to get to the bus stop.

3 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

i personally, like trolling the streets of Bradenton Florida on google maps. sometimes i go to random places i've never heard of in interesting states i've never been like oklahoma

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh so much! I can't even imagine having snow days for a week and a half straight. That would be so insanely awesome. We probably got maybe four inches throughout this past week and a half. Is it weird that I'm thinking I have to move South to get decent snow?

That really sucks that Sonorus was canceled, though. :(

I was not aware that you read fan fiction. This is exciting. If you ever have a large amount of free time again, I have some stories for you!

I am fairly certain that Kevin, Billy, Alice, and I are the only CoWs who did not get at least one snow day out of Snowmageddon. Yep, a little more than certain.

This is quite possibly the longest comment I have ever made on a blog. As I just updated my own blog, I am going to try and get into the habit of reading other CoWs blogs.

KaraDawlish said...

ooooooooooooh i can read your blog. okay, you won't completely disapear. Well you better comment on mine all the time now. Lol this is kind of freaking me out though. With This whole long distance friendship thing it does kind of seem like you're just going to be gone and we won't be friends anymore. Fb is how we bonnnnnded. haha ya dig?

Post a Comment