I'm tired but I don't feel like sleeping, so I'm going to blog. Partay.
It is currently 12:17 AM, so yesterday was Valentine's Day. There are two types of people in this world- those who love Valentine's Day and those who hate it. The ones who love it are people in happy relationships who love a special day to be disgustingly mushy in public and to be completely obnoxious without attracting too much attention. The ones who hate it see it as a Hallmark holiday intended to make money and make single people feel even more lonely. Since I tend to hate being like everyone else, I'll be the third type of person. Valentine's Day? What's that? Today is Sunday, I have my SAT class and I need to go to the library for some research. I think I might have school tomorrow (guess what? I don't. Unrelated, but I'm never going back. Ever).
Speaking of which, I went to the library for the fourth time now to do research for my paper for APUSH. I think I've gone back possibly more times than anyone else in my class, why? Because apparently I don't know where I live. This paper is supposed to be on something located one mile from one's home. Basically, I say I live in [Town X], but technically I live in [Town Y], which is really just a mailing address/post office. [Town X] has been around for over a century, so I decided to look up books and information about that particular town for my paper (which happens to be on the elementary school for African Americans that was torn down but used to be behind my house). To make things even more confusing, the area in which I live used to be called [XYZ] but now it doesn't really go by that name, it is just [Town X or Town Y]. My book on personal memories of [XYZ] was not proving helpful at all to my paper and I was getting very frustrated. IT TURNS OUT that the African American community in my area was just barely over the border of [XYZ] and [Town Z], which is also incredibly close to me but it isn't my mailing address. Either way, the moment I opened up the book on [Town Z] I immediately found entries written by three different African Americans about their experience growing up here and going to the [XYZ] Colored School.
Are you sufficiently confused? Good. Stalkers.
I am excited for next weekend. I'm going to another Sing Me Insomnia concert (anyone else want to go?) and then I am seeing the Celine Dion movie on Saturday. *Fangirls* Also, there is a new HPA chapter opening up in my area, and they have a meeting on Sunday which I would like to attend. It is at the library of a certain SOMEONE who should also come because the HPA is about DUMBLEDORE and other wonderfulness. (Why is it always that library? Why can't it be my library?)
BREAKING NEWS. STEVEN GOT A HAIRCUT.
I'm going to sleep. I'll finish this tomorrow.
Never mind. It is tomorrow and I am not finishing this. However, I will post it. Because I'm lame like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(122)
-
▼
February
(17)
- I drove all niiiiight... to see the Celine Dion mo...
- Dead Man
- Stupid
- Sick and tired
- I'm busy. This has not been proofread.
- FRUSTRATION
- Haiku
- School? What's that?
- This is a stupid post
- SEVERE
- Blogging and old emails
- THANK YOU GLORIA
- I wrote this in one sitting and reread nothing.
- Untitled
- A list
- SNOW DAYS FTW
- FATE
-
▼
February
(17)
2 comments:
hhaha winona half of this is completely gone for me, not a clue what was going on.
yay sing me insomnia :D
good stuff
Lawl, reactions.
Well, since I have not 'liked' anything on facebook in months, Ima like this -
LIKELIKELIKELIKE
Valentine's Day is beyond stupid. AND I DUN WANNA GO BACK TO SCHOOL T_T
Post a Comment