SNOW DAYS FTW

Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Last night, I went to sleep at 8:30. I am not kidding. I was absolutely exhausted and had a headache, so I set my alarm for 4 and went to sleep. When I woke up, I think I was more awake at 4 AM then I have ever been in my life. It was wonderful. Even though I was pretty sure they would close schools today because my school system is insane like that, I still attempted my problem sets until I checked at about 5 to see that the announcement I have learned to love through my past 12 years in this school system scrolling by on the local TV station. It is a tradition for me and countless other kids in the area to wake up early, see the blanket of white outside, and turn on the TV desperate for the green scrolling announcement on the bottom of the screen that reads "[you didn't I'm that dumb, stalkers, did you?] County Public Schools will be closed, today, [today's date]." Although I kinda wanted the three day weekend in two weeks, which we won't get now because we've used up all of our snow days, I don't really mind. I then went back to sleep, where I proceeded to have the strangest dream. I think it began where I drove to CVS and found a display of signed Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling. I remember freaking out, but when I wanted to buy one the guy was like, "Do you want to go to college? Then I don't think you should buy one." But then my dad was there and he was negotiating with the guy while I was still freaking out. And then I left (I don't think I ever got the book, though.) and then I was at LeakyCon 2011. A lot of stuff happened, but in particular I remember there was a department store nearby, and inside that there was a door to a convenience store, and inside that was a door to a three-roomed supermarket. I picked up a tub of ice cream and skipped throughout the store eating this ice cream while singing along to a song playing on repeat over the store's loudspeakers, which happened to be about chai tea. I finished the ice cream and was going to go pay for it but all of the cashiers were busy and I think then I woke up. I think physics before bed is not a good idea.

So then today I woke up, had some coffee, and then played tetris for like an hour. And now it is 11:30. I think I'm going to go do homework. Or watch Toy Story. I love snow days, especially those that are TWO DAYS BEFORE A COW PARTY AT MY HOUSE. I'm thinking about taking them to that place I went for my birthday (Tingting tells me she hasn't talked to me in a while because she reads this instead. Who else is reading my blog that I do not know and it recording my each and every move?) so if she or any other of my friends who read this want to show up and hang out, I think that could be a lot of fun.

Okay. I am "doing homework" now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Snow daysss <3

Too bad it causes us to miss our first Alternative class ;)

And I'm totally doing "homework" too. If that equals playing Sims and Relient k songs on da piano. Teehee

KaraDawlish said...

okay. You guys need to call me while you're all togwther just to say hi. During a bad set or something :)

I pictured that dream so vividly idk why...

Post a Comment