Barely on time...

Sunday, October 18, 2009
Considering it is currently 11:21 pm, I am cutting my goal of before midnight pretty close. Oh, Sundays, must you be so short? Saturday, I attempted getting ahead on my homework, but as you can imagine, it didn't really work. I managed to finish my math homework, and the next thing I knew it was 4 pm and I had to get ready for Jenny's birthday party. The party was okay- I felt bad because Gloria put a lot of effort into making the story and characters, but people weren't really into it and it didn't really work out. It was still fun in general, though. At some point we gave up and Gloria read the entire story out to us, and then we watched The Incredibles for the rest of the party. I took Tingting back home and she slept over. We talked to Mo for a bit on tokbox (and Kara for like 5 minutes...), and then we ended up talking for another hour or so. In the morning, we were about to make waffles, when I realized we had no eggs. Six months ago, this would have been a serious problem and we would have had to resort to eating cereal or something. However, this wonderful little thing I have recently obtained known as a driver's license permitted us to drive to the store, buy eggs, and make waffles (which were delicious :) ). I'm still getting used to the freedom of being able to go anywhere whenever I want (well, before midnight and after 4). Then I took her home and did homework for the rest of the day. Uneventful, typical Sunday.

I came to this realization about my friends this weekend: all of them, school, base school, and CoW, are all nerds (whether or not we admit it), and are intelligent, funny, nice people who don't get too involved in drama or any other stupid thing teenagers normally do. I feel like if I got all of them together in one room, they would all get along well, even if they have different interests. As I'm writing this, I'm getting an idea. My 16th birthday pretty much sucked. It's a long story and I don't feel like getting into it, but I'm thinking about having my 17th make up for this. I know a few CoWs will be coming down for a few days over winter break, and I also know Katie will be home for once. hmmm... what if I get everyone together for one big mega awesome party? This could turn out to be either awesome or seriously awkward. All of this is spontaneous thinking, but I can just see the clashing of worlds coming together in my mind, and honestly, it seems AWESOME. What do you guys think?

So this is my first blog from my new laptop :) I love the sound of typing keys on the keyboard. I'm a bit bothered by the really obnoxious CAPS LOCK sign that comes up whenever I use CAPS LOCK, which you can tell, is VERY OFTEN. It is very nice to be able to be wireless for once and not have my obnoxious red cable following my whenever I wanted to move my laptop around my room. Whoops, I have 12 minutes left to get this up. Have a good week everyone!

1 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

that could be awesome. I like being included in the blog =] That's pretty cool

Post a Comment