NYAHHH

Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I have decided that "nyahhh" is the sound of frustrated fury. Like, the sound you make when you have a physics test tomorrow and you are looking over your homework and you realize that you understand less than you thought you did, and you know there are so many other things in the world you would rather be doing than trying to make sense of vectors and circular motion and other related material. NYAHH
I seriously feel like giving up. How much more am I going to understand in the next hour or so that would change whatever grade I get on the test? I can read the teacher's solutions to the homework, I can review formulas, but at this point what more is there to do?

TODAY: sucked as much as I thought it would. Well, in a way. The history exam was okay. I knew the material, but since it was an essay test, it all depends on how you wrote the essay, rather than just how much you know. After the test, we got donuts and my English teacher put in the movie version of The Crucible, and I thought things were looking up. They did at first, but as the movie went on I became a bit annoyed with my classmates. I thought it was an excellent movie. In case you didn't know, The Crucible is a play written about the Salem witch trials- an era of history about which I am really interested. The whole story fascinates me for some reason (besides the obvious witchcraft aspect). Something about the terror that sprung from the stupidest lies and pretending makes me think about how human conscience is affected by the most obvious falsehoods seen from the outside. The movie did an excellent job portraying the complete over-dramatics of the "affected" girls of the time. The kids in my class, however, thought it was both hilarious and stupid by how obvious and overdone it was. I thought they missed the point- it was done that way on purpose, because that was how it was back then. These girls reacted in a ridiculous manner and to an outsider looking in, it seems completely fake. But if you put yourself in the shoes of the people from that time, and the girls themselves, you see how people's opinions were so quickly changed and how in the time of a second, all prior knowledge and trust of a person could disappear. When your immediate reaction can either save your life or destroy another, people change. They act in ways unlike themselves, and the people around them are affected as well. You can't look back at something that happened in history as "stupid" because society is so much more complex than that. I feel like I am doing a really bad job explaining this, but I really enjoyed the movie and it annoyed me how my classmates didn't get it. Everyone walked out of the classroom laughing about how stupid the movie was and talking about the physics test.

Sometimes I hate my school.

2 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

yea thats me winona. Lmao i find it hilarious how... horribly we'd get along in the same school. even if we just saw eachother every day. we are SO different

Winona said...

hahaha no we'd totally get along... we just wouldn't be in the same classes. lol we'd like, hang out at lunch and stuff.
UGH stop putting fantasies in my mind of CoWs at my school. sighhh that would be awesome.

Post a Comment