I hate titles

Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Random fact about me: I hate titling things. Last year in English, I never came up with titles until after the second or so revision, and in middle school when I worked on the school newspaper, I gave the job of titling my articles to the newspaper sponsors.

What I should be doing now: Finishing my physics problem sets
What I am doing now: blogging (as if you couldn't tell...)

I'm going to try blogging daily. Yesterday, we received this sheet with symptoms of stress, and how to relieve it. Unsurprisingly, I, along with most of my classmates, found that half the symptoms applied to us. It said that writing daily helped relieve the stress, so I'm going to do this more often.

I don't want to necessarily say that today was not good, because that isn't entirely true. Rather, today required a bit more brain usage than I was capable. We start off this lovely morning with my first APUSH test, which was not great, but not completely terrible. I was surprised that I was able to answer all 87 questions in the hour given, but I ended up having 2 minutes to spare. There is an automatic 50 point curve, so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
After the test, I went to English where we gave presentations on a symbol from The Scarlet Letter. This normally wouldn't be a big deal, except for that I don't really know anyone in my English class, so speaking in front of them is more uncomfortable than usual.
During lunch I met with my precalc teacher to get some extra help because I fail like that. Luckily, my math teacher is really awesome and nice, so it wasn't too bad, and I'm hopeful for a better year this year in math than last year. I want to say that last year was a joke, but that ins't necessarily true, because I didn't do well. Rather, it was a bad joke. I did all of my homework on the bus, at lunch, or while she was checking work on the other side of the classroom. Of course, I had no idea what we were doing in class and I failed half the tests. I really despised my teacher and had absolutely no motivation to do well, other than my GPA. This year, however, I found that since I actually like my teacher, I'm trying way harder.
Japanese was review for a test on Thursday, so it was a crapload of info and review work in too short amount of time.
Math was okay. I found that I understand the work better than I thought I did, and I'm expecting a much better grade on my test Thursday than last test.

I don't feel like writing anymore. My writing was crap in this post. I apologize. All the brainwork is causing my writing to be blunt and dull.

0 comments:

Post a Comment