PSAT Day :)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
High school: A long, never ending period of misery broken up by recurring two day breaks following five consecutive days in hell. These two days involve momentary relief and relaxation, only to morph into procrastination and 12+ consecutive hours of work. Then, the cycle repeats itself. For four years.
Ergo, Latin for therefore, little things like Columbus Day being on the same week as the PSAT make this unbearable situation just a little brighter. The PSAT is this wonderful invention created by the College Board in which sophomores and juniors are required to take a practice SAT which doesn't end up meaning anything other than potential scholarship money if you are some kind of child genius or something. On PSAT day we go to school, take the two hour test, and go home. Basically, this week looks a little like this: Tuesday- school. Wednesday- half day, no classes. Thursday- school. Friday- school.

It just makes life a little more livable.

Today was relatively uneventful. Last night, I put this APUSH lecture on my iPod, listened to it on the bus, and wrote the paragraph assignment before school. Yes, I know I had a three day weekend, or 72 hours, to complete this assignment. Don't make fun of me. History, English, Japanese, blah. I got back my math test, and surprise! I was the lowest grade in the class again. Not by that much, though. And I'm also way more prepared for this chapter, so I expect a passing grade on the next test (is that so much to ask?). Lunch, physics (no quiz!), communication systems, orchestra. Nothing special. I was signed up to go to junior study hall for eighth period, but I went to the wrong room at first. I read "230" as "240" three times in a row, no joke, and I couldn't figure out why I was in a room with a bunch of non-juniors who all seemed to be of the extreme nerd-type. It wasn't until the teacher started handing out papers and arranging the desks when I realized I must have accidentally walked in the (gasp!) math team room or something similar. It was a terrifying experience. But I soon located the correct study hall room and was proactive for once in completing more than half of my math homework.
Upon returning home, I slept for an hour and a half, ate dinner, took my brother to swimming, went to the library and did PSAT practice for an hour, picked my brother up, and returned home.
If I were this super dedicated awesome student, I would be getting ahead in my homework now instead of blogging. But alas, I am but a procrastinating high school student who can't be pushed to do more work than absolutely necessary. I mean, come on! I have four extra hours tomorrow to do work!
There was something I wanted to write about. It had to do with psycho-analyzing something. But I cannot remember what it was. I think I should study psychology in college. I spend too much time analyzing human behavior as it is.

2 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

No other person on this planet could get me to sit here and read about THEIR school/ home work besides you =] This could be extremely dull but i quite enjoy your writing. it's entertaining in an odd sort of way.

Winona said...

haha thanks :)

Post a Comment